The Central Nebraska Auto Club (CNAC) is a non-profit organization who currently has 157 members, who own or appreciate the full gamut of classic or antique cars. We meet at various locations on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM. Our annual dues are $10.00, due by the 1st of March of each year. On the 4th Thursday of each month, we have a drive-out to any number of local establishments.
The Central Nebraska Auto Club sponsors two major car shows each year. Cruise Nite Kearney is always held the 3rd weekend of July and is a 4 day event packed with all types of events such as 3 car shows, a “sound” competition, a car auction, nostalgic drag races, and other events throughout the 4 day event. We also sponsor an annual Indoor Car & Bike Show held in the Spring at the Buffalo County Fairgrounds. In December of each year, we donate to many charitable organizations, the monies earned from these two events. We also award scholarships to graduating area seniors with an interest in going into the automotive field.
- Two (2) $1000 Scholarships Available
- Nebraska Resident and American Citizen
- Nebraska High School Senior or College Student
- College enrollment applications submitted to a college or trade school prior to submitting scholarship application.
- Enrollment application is for a student interested in auto-related study and does have to be to a Nebraska school.
- Grade point average and copy of high school transcripts need to be included
Tour base city for 2018 will be North Platte
On the last day we will take a ride over to the Classic Car Collection in Kearney
Registration will begin January 1st – Click HERE to enter
About Tour Nebraska
This will be the 26th year for the Tour which is a 600 mile two day driving event. We have great sponsors from this community including the North Platte/Lincoln County visitors Bureau, Cody Cruisers Car Club and Bill Summers Ford. The routes when developed will have more great Nebraska scenery and some great stops. Always great people to meet and there will be many along the way just waiting to wave at us as we go by. This event attracted over 480 special interest vehicles last year.